Barbertown Sportsmen's Club, was formed in 1947 by a local group of farmers and landowners in the Hunterdon County/Kingwood Twp. area of Frenchtown, NJ to form a club of outdoorsmen to enjoy hunting and the outdoors after WWII had ended and they returned home safely.
In July 1956 Barbertown Sportsmen's Club, Inc. was incorporated as a 501(c)(7) Non-profit organization in the Social Club/Amateur Hunting & Fishing Club Category.
Barbertown Sportsmen's Club, Inc., it's private clubhouse, it's properties (both owned and leased), and it's members in good standing are all fully insured by both by the Nautilus Insurance Company (Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A+ (Superior) and the Issuer Credit Rating (ICR) of ("a+") AND the Selective Insurance Company (Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and the Issuer Credit Ratings (ICR) of ("a+").
Selective Insurance Company insurance certificates are issued and mailed to all land owners upon annual renewal of the insurance policy, as well as upon written request to any club officer.
Some club members, in addition to the above referenced mandatory club provided insurance, carry liability insurance offered with "insured membership" in the New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs organization. This is NOT a requirement for Barbertown Sportsmen's Club membership.
The purposes for which the Barbertown Sportsmen's Club is organized are to conserve, restore, and manage wild game, fish and other wildlife and to improve the habitat and environment on club owned &/or leased properties; to seek to improve and better fishing and hunting opportunities for sportsmen; to promote and maintain friendly relations with landowners, sportsmen and the community; and to provide information and education about hunting and fishing to club members, landowners, other hunting and fishing clubs, and the general public.
The club has been around for quite some time as you can see and we plan on being around for a long time so that we and our children and grandchildren can continue to enjoy the outdoor experiences that we have all come to enjoy and love.
The current BSC officers and club members are aggressively pursuing many ventures, including but not limited to:
(1) Chartered and sponsored the Lockatong Creek Branch (
(2) Reaching out to landowners, other hunting clubs and hunters, and to the community to educate them on quality deer management and habitat improvement techniques based on scientific facts.
(3) Implementing a Quality Deer Management Plan on all club owned and leased properties.
(4) Implementing and maintaining a NJ Forest Service / NJ Forestry Association approved
(5) Sponsoring camping, fishing, firearms and archery safety training programs, organized shoots, river tubing trips, merit badge events, service events, etc... for the Boy Scouts of
(6) Supporting (through club donations) the Kingwood Twp. Fire Dept. and Kingwood Rescue Squad.
(7) Supporting local businesses and farmers through our loyalty and our patronage of their stores / farm stands / feed corn sales even if less expensive options exist. We believe in keeping the "Garden" in the Garden State and supporting the local community first and foremost in this volatile and unpredictable economy!!! ; )
(8) Supporting Hunters Helping the Hungry by donating deer to be butchered by certified butchers and distributed throughout the state to feed the hungry and homeless.
(9) Supporting Hunters Helping Heroes by spreading the word about their group and donating time to sponsor and assist with hunts and fishing trips to take these heroes out for an enjoyable and memorable experience in New Jersey.
These are just a few of the many activities that we are undertaking at this time. More great things are in store for the future.
BARBERTOWN SPORTSMEN'S CLUB IS "THE" PLACE THAT ALL OUTDOORSMEN AND OUTDOORS WOMEN WANT TO BE!!!
TRAP HOUSE AND TRAP RANGE